Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Solo Company and D Therapy

I am a SAHWM, for those not in the Mommyhood crowd that means Stay-at-home working mom. I love both my jobs and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Working from home presents its own problems when trying to avoid getting into a rut. There is a delicate balance of getting work done, while taking care of and nurturing a child. It is easy get so wrapped up in the routine of work and childcare that you find yourself inside for days, only going outside to get from one appointment to another, especially during the winter.

One of the best activities I’ve found to help with ruts is going for a walk outside. Now, I know what you’re saying to your computer. Duh, Jen, we know this … everyone knows this …this is not new information. So here is my secret to making this walk work better for you … walk alone.


That’s right, make your walking time, your time. It’s really nice to walk with your family and friends. I’m not saying never do that. But when you find yourself in a rut a solo walk is the way to go. It will give you time to think about what’s been getting you down and how to remedy it. It will give you time to really focus on you without interruption. I think of it as walking meditation and nothing beats a rut like some Vitamin D therapy.


No comments:

Post a Comment